Provides a clear set of measures encompassing management of fire safety, fire precautions and involves the development and implementation of polices that address relevant risks.
provides a clear set of measures encompassing management of fire safety, fire precautions and involves the development and implementation of polices that address relevant risks. The purpose of the fire strategy is to reduce life risk whilst protecting assets and business continuity.
Where the design intent moves away from the prescriptive guidance of the Building Regulations, fire safety consultancy offers flexibility and innovation to explore the various design solutions available within the project, the strategy utilises information gathered during the QDR process and sets out how the building shall be designed, constructed and managed during occupation.
- The fire strategy will cover;
- Building description including layout and materials
- Fire compartmentation
- Means of warning and escape in case of fire
- Evacuation strategy
- Emergency lighting
- Fire safety signage
- Impact of linings and structure on internal fire spread
- External fire spread and protection of boundaries
- Access and facilities for the fire and rescue service
- Smoke ventilation and fire suppression (where applicable)
- Security and protection against the threat of arson
- Fire safety management arrangements including staff training, inspection and review requirements.
A fire strategy may be developed for existing buildings which will allow the management, landlord, fire risk assessor and other interested parties to understand the manner in which a building is constructed, the fire safety precautions and how these complement rather than work against one another and the management requirements specific to the premises.
FSP produce fire strategies for new hospitals and other healthcare buildings, commercial and industrial buildings, we also develop strategies for buildings that are in existence (commonly known as retrospective fire strategies).